Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Perception

Tonight, I was drawing a total blank on what to cook for dinner. Colin asked for biscuits and gravy. Well, that is easy enough so I made it for him, and for my other children who also love the dish. I was thinking though, while cooking about why I don't particularly like it, or why I don't make it very often without being begged to. I decided it is because when I was a kid, biscuits and gravy was what mom made when we were out of groceries. Growing up on a dairy, we always had plenty of milk, so gravy was cheap and easy. My mom used to make a big pot of gravy and a big pot of tapioca pudding a few days before we went to the store. I guess I equate this meal to one that you only cook if you have to! I guess when my kids grow up they will think this way about sloppy Joe's! Incidentally, I don't have anything against making pudding!!

1 comment:

  1. You know, my mom and you have something in common. She says the same thing about gravy even though she didn't grow up on a dairy.

    ReplyDelete