Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Overbrook's Got Talent



Today was Overbrook's school talent show. Cameron was in a country line dance (he is the one in the front in the very center). The kids' 4-H club performed this line dance several months ago for 4-H club days, and they got to go to regional club days too. They did a very good job. Back in February, when they did this as a club project the other big kids were involved too, but they didn't want to participate in the school talent show, so that just left Cam dancing today! Overall, I would say that the Overbrook kids are pretty talented. We did not get to stay for the entire show however, due to Quincy's inability to sit still for very long.
Today was also the first official meeting of our new district PTO and I was elected as the secretary. I am not sure what I have gotten myself into, but I am excited about having such a large group of interested parent volunteers to work with! It seems to be a really great group so far! I am also going to be working on the carnival committee - which I agreed to do so long as I am not in charge of getting donations! I am not fond of that job. I can cook or set up games all day long, but asking people for donations is not my strong point!
Tomorrow is our closing for the land we are buying. It looks right now like everything is going to work out well, and we are really excited. I can't foresee any reason why this time tomorrow night we won't own 35 acres (well the bank will technically own it I guess). I am very excited and have started looking at house plans - although they will probably only serve as wallpaper for the time being! Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a few extra prayers that all goes as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment