Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busy week

My PTO hosted a carnival as a "goodbye to Overbrook school" yesterday. I was stationed at the inflatables all day, Preston and Quincy had a great time sliding and bouncing in between the classes, and what a nice benefit of working - to get a huge slide and a bounce house all to yourself! They had a great time! The only trauma we had was when I had to unplug them for the end of the day - Quincy had a very sad few minutes, which were easily forgotten with the cotton candy that she got! It was a pretty good day overall, I think the kids enjoyed it!





It has been a very busy week here. Almost too busy really! We have hardly had a chance to catch our breath before we have to run right back to the next activity. Ball practices are going well, and suprisingly, we haven't missed too many due to rain. It seems like it clears out for long enough to squeeze them in. Mallory and Madison's track meet was cancelled due to the weather. I was unaware that Kansas has a monsoon season, but it would appear that we do!

Jim and I worked at a biscuit and gravy feed this morning for PRIDE. I think it was pretty successful, and we even had enough of a break that we got to eat a nice breakfast! It was also ballpark clean up day. So much for a Saturday! Jim and his friend Jay took the boys to the KSU spring game...a tradition that they look forward to. Personally, I think they especially enjoy this game of the year because of the vet school cook out - but we won't mention that to them!


No comments:

Post a Comment