Thursday, May 7, 2009

Starting to get in the summer groove

Preston is really loving t-ball!
Dirty Kids! Makes for good nights sleep!





Overbrook PRIDE recently put in new playground equipment and a new children's fishing pond. The new equipment is great for when the big kids have ball practice! The fishing pond isn't open yet, but the boys got to help stock the fish.


If you don't mind rotating your head a little - Preston and Quincy were having a little picnic with sand pies in the back yard. Cute! I couldn't figure out how to turn it right. ???
We have been staying busy as usual. I took a new position on the Overbrook Library Board. I have my first meeting tonight. I am looking forward to it, although I feel a little frightened by the 4 year commitment. Of course, we love our town's library, so being part of keeping that going will be great! The girls have a track meet today, and then their league meet is on Tuesday, and then we can mark that on our done list! They have had a great time I think! Colin has started summer free-style wrestling. I have to admit the throws are a little intimidating for a mom to watch, but he loves it and we are glad that he is able to get to the practices and is enjoying himself. We have ball practice every single night of the week, and I just got the preliminary game schedules, and it looks like we are ball-parking it 6 nights a week this summer plus Saturday morning t-ball. I am excited to offer the opportunity to our kids and I love to watch them play!
The pigs are getting big already - Colin's Jenius might just eat us out of house and home - he is really getting huge. I forsee his own special pen and a diet before the end of summer! They moved the county fair back a week, so we have quite a long time before they show. Colin is really good with the pigs - I mean he really loves them. He gets in the pen and squats down and they all come running - he lets them chew on his clothes and he scratches them and talks to them. One would think they were dogs the way he acts! The other kids are ok with the pigs, but don't really think of them in the same light as Colin does. Maybe he should have been Grace's Godson!!
Well, things here are too quiet, I better go see what Quincy is up to!





No comments:

Post a Comment