Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's day. Just the kind of day that I love, with not much running and everyone home!

We did have the closing mass for Religion Ed this morning. This is the second year that I have helped teach, I think it is very rewarding, and I truly enjoy the kids. I hope that they will ask me again next year and that I can carve out the time to do it. This year I helped with the first graders. I learned quite a lot about the kids and I believe that they all learned their expected prayers, as well as a few other important things. I worked with a woman who absolutely loves to do crafts, so our kids had a lot of fun while they were learning. Today, the kids were all very well behaved, and since they have them sit in the front of the church with their RE teachers instead of with their parents, I was very thankful for their good behavior! It is a nice mass, as they have the kids participate in all the parts of the service. Mallory and Madison were readers, and they did a great job!

Preston's t-ball practice was cancelled due to rain, so that freed up our evening. I was silently thankful for the rain because I was truly enjoying the lazy day! I am sure that the lake we are trying to drain at work is not getting any lower though, and so I really should not be happy about more rain!

I hope that you all had a very blessed Mother's Day, and a great weekend! I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment