Monday, February 15, 2010

2 months old!


Harper is 2 months old today! I can't believe how fast time is flying by! She is a really good baby, and except for some stomach and reflux trouble, we hardly hear any complaints or crying from her! The kids really love their little sister, and we are all adjusted to having her around now. We are very lucky that she is such a good baby and likes going places and seeing people!



We had another typical for us crazy weekend. Colin wrestled in Lenexa, and had a pretty good day...he got 3rd place. It was a tough tournament, and Jim says that the seating and accommodations left a little to be desired. Apparently they had 10 mats of wrestling in a gym with only half a gym of bleachers. Yahoo maps also let them down and they were later than they wanted to be so getting one of the seats didn't happen. But they did make it there, and Colin had a good day so that is all that really counts in the long run. They were even able to find a salesman who was selling the headgear that Colin had been looking for...and I had promised him we would get a new one as soon as we found what he was looking for, so that worked out good - no trips to town for that!

Cameron had a basketball game this weekend too. I took him and his team won. It was a pretty good game, Cam made 4 points and had a lot of great rebounds. It was fun to watch.
Sunday after mass I took Mallory and Madison (and Harper) and we went on a shopping excursion for their birthday. I am not the world's best or most willing shopper, so I was a little worried about the trip, but it was all the girls asked for as a birthday party this year. I took 5 teen aged girls to eat pizza and then we shopped until I dropped (actually Harper and I spent part of the time sitting in the car watching it snow), and then we went to Sonic for drinks and came home. As birthday parties go, it was definitely not the worst one we have ever had! The girls had a good time and I did not embarrass them too much I don't think! (Because I am a cool mom after all!) They actually have always had pretty nice, well rounded friends so I feel that as mom duties go, I got off pretty easily!
Our church is being re-modeled. This was the first weekend of us trying to hold mass in the basement of the church. Father Anthony joked that it was a great sacrifice for lent, but truly, it is going to be very difficult to be squished together on folding chairs. I will be very happy when they finish! I will say though, that they started in the basement and they did a terrific job! For the first time since I have been teaching religion, we sat in the church basement and didn't have to wear coats during the class. It will be great when it is all done! I am thankful that they didn't start this process before we got Harper's baptism done last weekend!
This week is looking especially busy, and Jim and I have also decided to try to finish our basement. So far, he is doing a pretty good job of building up some stud walls, and we are going to attempt to build a couple of simple bedrooms. Our goal is to put the boys and Mallory downstairs. This will free up some space for Harper and Quincy to have a bedroom and separate Mallory and Madison. Since we are planning to build, but what we want to build is a little out of our budget at the present time, this is the cheapest solution to having more space. Pray for our safety and marriage as we have never tackled a project quite this big before! I am sure it will end up being great when it is done! The kids are definitely excited! I will try to do a good job of taking before and after photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment