Sunday, February 28, 2010

weekend fun




This is my mom with Harper. She tends to be a little bit fussy in the evenings, but when grandma is in control, everything is sunshine and rainbows!
(I mean that Harper tends to be fussy in the evening, not my mom).

Friday evening we went to my brother's house for my niece's 5th birthday. She got a webkinz - and Preston was helping her with it online....I am thinking he might be a little bit of an addict? It was a fun evening, and happily it only took us 15 minutes to get home this time as opposed to an hour in the blizzard on Christmas eve!



Saturday was 4-H county club day. Mallory, Madison and Colin were all in the club's line dance group this year. They danced really well, and ended up getting top purple. They will be dancing again at regionals in a few weeks. They have worked really hard and I am very proud. They did a much harder dance this year, and it turned out really great! The dedication and practices have been pretty demanding, so it was great to see them do so well!





Madison was also on a gavel games team, and they also got a top purple. They will be working hard before regionals to get their program a little longer! They had 30 minutes - their program consisted of a lot of parliamentary procedures, but they were all squeezed into about 7 or 8 minutes!








I mentioned that Jim took the kids to the circus. Even though I didn't attend with them, I think I have heard enough to say that they had a great time! Jim's grandpa was a Shriner, and when he was alive, he always sent the kids tickets to the circus. We hadn't been for a couple of years, and I thought maybe some of the older kids would have outgrown the desire to go....but I was once again wrong! They all had great memories of circuses past, and all came home with a new favorite part. I didn't think I would ever get Quincy into bed last night, she was so excited telling me all about everything she saw, and got to do! Apparently her knack for meeting people paid off when the guy in front of them felt sorry for her and bought her some cotton candy!


Preston, Quincy and Cam also rode an elephant...Quincy reported to me that this makes your rear end hurt.






































I am so happy to see that March is here tomorrow! Madison starts track practices next week, so I am saying that these things mean that spring is here. I am sure that we are in for warmer weather, green grass, time outside, track meets, and starting baseball practices. I couldn't be happier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment