Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mid way


This week has been an exciting one - OK I lied, it has been a run-around, accomplish little, lose days, more bad weather, not sure where the time has gone again week. Saturday night we attended the 4-H BINGO night, and even though I had every intention of winning a processed hog, it wasn't meant to be...instead I won a wonderful coffee mug and some coupons to Chili's. Sunday, I planned to go to mass and then go watch Colin wrestle. Actually, it was the first time that we could all go to a tournament as a family and cheer him on. BUT, we had a pretty good amount of ice on Saturday night, and I didn't feel safe driving all of us around, so we stayed home from church and I figured we would skip wrestling as well, but Jim decided that the roads would be ok if they drove slowly, so he took Colin. Colin got 3rd place. He has been wrestling a lot of the same kids week after week. There is a girl in his weight class that is a tremendous wrestler - she placed at nationals last year. She has been giving him fits this year. He was really excited when he got home because even though she beat him again, this time he avoided being pinned by her and she only won in points. Progress??!!??


I took my mom to the hospital to have a little procedure done on Monday. One thing I have learned about hospitals is that they don't get in any hurry (unless you are in labor and supposed to have a c-section). We were there for a pretty good chunk of the day, and I had taken Harper and Quincy with me. Harper was good - Quincy was good too (wink wink). Quincy does not wait well. Patience is not her virtue. She quickly grew tired of "riding" my mom's hospital bed, watching tv, and coloring. To ask her to play with the tremendous amount of toys she brought was out of the question! Luckily, mom wasn't feeling really bad and she was entertained with her antics! While my mom was having her tests etc. done I took Harper to her 2 month checkup. She is up to 12 pounds 6 ounces now! My big girl! She is healthy and all is going well with her - our doctor didn't want to put her on medicine for the reflux just yet, so we are trying some over the counter stuff for her. So far, I have not been impressed! When we were there, I had our doctor look at Quincy as well, since she had been complaining of ear pain. She has another ear infection. This is the 9th one in 2 years, so we will be seeing our old buddy the ear nose and throat doctor to see if he wants to put in tubes! I am not sure how I feel about this, I guess I will wait and see what they can tell me about it. I don't want her to have hearing loss or antibiotic resistance, so I think we are at a point that we will not have a choice.
Mallory and Madison report to me that they are going to get to pick out classes for high school this week. I told Jim that they must be geniuses because I am sure that they are entering high school at the age of 7. And wasn't it just a week or so ago that I was picking out classes for MY freshman year? WOW! They are really excited, and seemed to be making rational choices about what classes they should take, what will prepare them for college and all that. I was proud of their thinking skills! Still can't believe they will be in high school, but proud nonetheless! Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't blink, they will all be grown up and my nest will be empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment