Friday, February 5, 2010

First Bleck


Well, as I strive every day to win mom of the year, I am thinking that this week I am not it! I noticed on Monday as I took Preston to the dentist that Harper was sort of fussy - but hey, we went to Wal-mart and who doesn't get fussy when going there? Other than the little fussy spell in that awful place, she has been fine. Tuesday I noticed that she had some really gross waxy stuff in her ear, but I cleaned it and we went on. Wednesday same story, Thursday it dawns on me that this isn't normal so I finally take her to the doctor. She not only had an ear infection, but she had burst her eardrum. Boy do I feel like a dork! Of course, she hasn't been overly fussy, she hasn't had a fever, and she didn't seem out of the ordinary in any other ways, so I guess I am not sure how I would have known. I do feel bad that she suffered for a few days before I realized it though. Our doctor thinks it is a result of her reflux - which she seems to really suffer from. She is quite a spitty baby! Of course that doesn't bother her either...she just spits and smiles. We are now trying to keep her head elevated -especially when she sleeps to see if that helps her. They do have some medications available to help if elevation doesn't.


Other interesting events of the week. we went to kindergarten round up today with Preston - it would appear that he is rounded and ready to go. Also, Overbrook had a high speed chase and a man who escaped police (those things never happen here). And I had a moment or two of panic this morning as I was hearing that there was a fatality accident on the highway after I dropped my kids off for school and they were on that same highway on a bus. The buses were not involved, and I pray for comfort for the families of the ones who were involved.

1 comment:

  1. We had a high speed chase by our school this week too! I know high speed chases are normal - sort of - in Wichita but they don't always end by the person crashing into our schools fence. I am glad the kids were not outside for recess!

    ReplyDelete