Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A birthday for me.


My birthday....was interesting.  Woke up to find two lame goats.   We fed them and they were eating so I decided they could wait to have their hooves trimmed until I got home from work.   It was still dark, and my brain doesn't function fully before the sun comes up.  I followed that up with my phone going crazy.  The first text I got was from my friend Grace.  It was awesome to hear from her!  That was followed my literally 42 texts from Mallory. Each one said happy birthday.  Gee, thanks kid!  
Colin and Cameron had the day off from school due to a sewer leak in the basement at the high school.  This worked  to my advantage....someone to hold goats still while I trimmed hooves! 
Upon further inspection, I realized that they were not lame due to long toenails, but rather it looks like they may have been attacked.  Spoobie has a huge gash on his leg and scratches on his ears.  Buttee has a sore foot but no visible reason why.  I am not sure what happened, but my best guess is coyotes.
 I used some of my extensive medical training (watching every episode of MASH as a kid) to doctor the leg.    
Madison made my favorite dinner....lasagna and garlic bread and a pumpkin cake.  She was excited to try out the new pan she just got!  
All in all, it was a good day!   I have a great family and feel very blessed with the life I have been given.  

No comments:

Post a Comment