Saturday, October 4, 2014

Today the chicken girl was the goal girl

Quincy had a soccer game this morning. We are so very impressed with the improvement in her footwork and her aggression (positive aggression as in going after the ball) on the field.  I think she has really improved.  And she is having a great time.   She was the only kid on her team to score a goal this morning!

I love how they sit together and act like they are friends (it does happen although not as often as I wish it did)!   
Harper's team also had a game this morning.  Before the game I told her that I would like her to chase after the ball and try to get it.   She argued that she knows how to do it without me telling her.  She does love to argue. I have no idea where she got that trait from!  
She may have argued about it, but she did listen and she did run after the ball!  
And I was right...soccer is always cold!  We froze half to death.  It was so cold!   Not enough blankets were taken!   

The football boys lost their game last night.   It was cold there too!   I have to say even though they lost, it was still a good game.  Don't tell Colin and Cameron I said that....I don't think they would agree!  

This evening, Cameron and I worked at the Ottawa demolition derby concession stand.  This afternoon, I attended a baby shower for my cousin Jessica.  Both events were fun.  I tried to reinvent the old days by inviting my aunts and uncles over to help us butcher chickens. I reminded them of how much fun it was....somehow they didn't quite remember it the same way that I did!  The derby also reminded me of all the good times we have had over the years watching derbies.  I was telling Cameron about uncle John's car we all helped him get ready and how he let us drive it around and bang it up a little bit so that it wouldn't look like it was never in a derby before!   Someday, when my kids don't have to work in this concessions stand, I am going to go down just to watch the derby.  :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment