Friday, October 31, 2014

Anniversary moments

There is no school on Halloween day (of course not....you can not have school on the important holidays!). The kids had their school parties today.  Since Harper is in the morning preschool, and Overbrook school does their town parade in the afternoon, her class went to Brookside Manor and trick or treated the residents, and had a party there.  Harper was very excited about the party and about seeing Madison at work! Madison  said the residents absolutely loved it too!  
It worked out well for Harper since she was then free to help her daddy hand out candy during the parade!  She lasted about 4 minutes and then quickly got overwhelmed!  
I have learned that sometimes the smallest things bring the biggest joy!  Quincy got the Murray McMurray catalog in today's mail.  She had already circled all of her favorites and pointed out the barnyard specials!  The catalog was completely free....the result of asking for a free catalog may be astronomical!  
Johnny is at that age where he is up for anything the girls want to do.  Sure I would be happy to ride in a basket.  Sure I would love to wear doll clothes.  You want me to sit on the side of the tub while you take a bath?  I would love to!  I know this phase won't last long, but the girls sure are enjoying the cat!  
I have been known to not care where the kids sleep on nights they don't have school. They are often found sprawled all over the living room floor on Saturday morning.  This, however was a new one. Preston got a telescope and microscope for his birthday.   It came in a pretty big box.  I came up just now from folding laundry and found Quincy fast asleep in the dining dining room insise the box!  I hope she sleeps well!  
When Jim and I picked a wedding date, I did not think beyond I want a fall wedding, and my favorite holiday is Halloween.  It seemed like a great combination....and it is!  I didn't think about the future with how busy this time of year would be with Halloween activities, football, school stuff and costume prep!  All of that stuff is just the icing on a pretty perfect cake though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment