Friday, May 13, 2016

How to start summer right

Saying goodbye to school made my kids amazingly happy.  I love this selfie Harper's teacher took.  She looks so happy!   Ms. Crumpton said it might have been the biggest smile she saw out of her all year!  
It was nothing compared to how excited the girls were to pick up Quincy's new goat!  
Quincy's doe had a set of twins.  She has worked very hard with them and opposite of what we advised, she has gotten very attached.  I started noticing that her little buckling is pretty decent looking.  Good even.  And so, after talking it over with Jim, it was decided to keep him as a billy, and purchase a goat for Quincy to show and sell at the fair in August.  
We found this little crossbred baby on Craigslist.  He is 3/4 boer and 1/4 lamancha.  Lamancha are a dairy breed without small or no ears.  He has stubby ears and waddles.  He is adorable and was obviously loved by the people we bought him from!  He was already named "Eric" which we think is hilarious.  My brother, Eric thinks it's pretty funny too!  
The big problem is that he is too cute and too sweet and Quincy is already in love with him.   Our attempt to spare her some tears isn't going to work!  Tender hearted critter girl!  
While we were off picking up a goat, Mallory helped me out by taking Saige to her first t-ball practice.  She had her cletes on and was showing everyone how fast they made her run about 4 hours before practice even started!  Excited much?  
Today was the last day to tag a 4-H animal in our county.  I worried a little bit that Eric didn't have enough ear to tag, but he did!  I had a couple of stops to make on the way home, but we got here and got chores done right before a big storm blew in.  When it passed, I was overwhelmed by how beautiful everything was with the sun shining on all the wetness.  
The peahens had disappeared for a couple of days. Quincy and I were both pretty sad.  Yesterday, they returned.  I don't know where they were, but I am sure  happy they came home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment