Sunday, May 1, 2016

The rest of the weekend

Prom took up a chunk of our weekend, but unfortunately, life doesn't slow down because of it being prom weekend.  Friday, the broilers were ready to go to Anderson County.  We went over to load them, but my brother and niece were faster and had it finished when we arrived.  We did help load them in a trailer and are extremely pleased with having chicken in the freezer.  


Today was the closing mass for this year's Religion Ed classes. The kids did all of the mass parts and they did a great job!  Quincy was one of the readers.  She was thankful that she got the easier of the 2 readings!  She did amazing.  


Quite a few of my class members did the May crowning. 

Harper and Saige (and Mallory) were gift bringers. 

And Preston served as an acolyte. I was proud of all of the kids.  

The kids also prepared and sang a song. I had to shake my head at Harper looking so sad during it.  I know she knows the song because she and Saige have been signing it nonstop.  This afternoon, she wasn't feeling well.  So maybe that had something to do with it.  



Our nephew is getting married.  This afternoon was a couple shower for them.  I can't believe his parents gave him permission to get married.  It isn't usual for a 7 year old to take on so much!  Just kidding of course.  Josh is marrying a local girl.  We are happy for them.  

Saige was especially happy because she is going to be a flower girl.  Except she calls it "flower princess"!   


I think the bride and the flower princesses are going to be stunning.  

1 comment:

  1. Mom said she saw you when you broke chickens over! Said "Thanks again"for the boxes. I had fun catching up on your kids, life here has been so busy, I just don't get as much posting done these days as you do! One of these days when I am back that way, we need to get together!

    ReplyDelete