Thursday, May 12, 2016

Teacher let the fools out!


Last day!  These 3 came busting through my door this afternoon yelling whooohoooooo!   I agree!  We had reached that part of the school year when they had long ago stopped learning new stuff and the year was a jumble of field trips, play days, read-a-thons, pajama party movie watching days, and who knows what else.  I also noticed that each of these things came with a $3-5 price tag.  Not to mention we have officially filled our calendar with summer activities and high school year end sporting events.  In honesty, I feel like the school does this on purpose so that the parents are as excited about summer break as the kids are!  
And so with these 3 freshly released back into the wild, we begin our adventure of ball park nights, poolside afternoons, plans for a coveted trip to worlds of fun, summer camp,
Popsicle stained fingers, fruit picking,  and shoeless field trips into small simple places.  What's not to love about summer?  
I will state for the record that this was an amazing year!  The high school boys seemed to become grown ups before my eyes.  Colin learned that high school went by a lot faster than he planned.  Cameron took on leadership responsibilities that made us smile with pride.  Next year, he is the FBLA president, and today he texted to tell me he was selected as a drum major for band.  It is an honor and I am so excited for him.  
Harper overcame some of her shyness and blossomed in kindergarten.  She learned to read, and she even made a couple of friends.  Preston was accepted into the gifted program and told me for the first time in school he feels like he is being challenged and learning things.  He is super happy about that!  But the most amazing transformation of all is my Quincy. She was blessed this year with a teacher who took an interest in helping her love school.  She went from having a c average to being on the honor roll with more A's than anything else on her grade card.  She has a goal now of going to college.   I never got a single disciplinary phone call for this year.  She flourished!  I couldn't be prouder, or more thankful for Mrs. Bolz!   Unfortunately, Mrs. Bolz is retiring after this year.  Quincy told me recently that it made her very sad that Harper and Saige wouldn't get to experience her.   I was impressed with that statement. 
And not to be left out, this one got done and moved home today too!  She is working this summer and is officially at the halfway point of getting her degree!   Her grades are good enough she has remained on scholarships and someone else is paying for her college.  I couldn't be happier with her progress!   
Madison has another week to go.  She is adequately jealous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment