Sunday, May 1, 2016

Prom 2016

About a month ago, I asked Colin and Cameron if they were going to prom.  I got a very loud negative from both of them.  Colin even went so far as to say "prom is a racket and I would rather take the money and do something actually fun!"  Ok no problem. Life is easier for me.  And then about a week ago, Cameron texted to say that a senior girl who he is friends with invited him and he said yes!

I admit I had a moment of panic.  I don't possess a tuxedo nor the ability to sew.  I worried it was a little late in the game for fittings and getting things ordered etc.  When Cameron got home from school, I told him there is only one place open this late, you have to go get fitted and order something today.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  "I'm not renting a tux mom....I  buying one off amazon!"   Like I am the craziest person alive.  Not only was he buying a tux, but he plans on wearing it every Friday to school.   I just never know what that kid will come up with.  He did go get fitted, so we could order the correct size.  I'd say it was a successful idea and it cost about 1/3 of the price.  I must admit that when the delivery was made, and the tux came in a box only a little bit bigger than a shoe box, I had a second moment of panic.  

It all turned out fine.  He looked very nice I thought.  I took a few photos of him before he left to meet up with his group.







His date Sammy's mom took the rest of these photos.  Cameron said he had a great time. He did not want to go the After Prom party, so he got home at a reasonable hour even!  

This is Cameron and his friend Carson. They are both a little crazy.



Cameron and his date, Sammy.  






While Cameron was at the prom, Colin and a bunch of his friends went to the movies and out to dinner.  I took the little kids to the after prom open house.  They got to preview all of the after prom party fun.  




They had a great time!  






Preston discovered there were video games and pool in the hallway, so I didn't see him much!  

Colin did attend the after prom party with all his friends the prom skippers.  I worked the whole night and although the kids had a great time, I feel too old to stay up so late!  

The party was a big success I think.  They gave away a lot of very nice prizes.  


Colin was super happy to win a microwave, which he needs for his dorm room.  Unfortunately, the boy he is going to room with next year won a microwave as well!  It was pretty funny!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment