Saturday, August 13, 2016

Day 3

We had no shows today, however our 4-H club had to help with the concession stand.  I took my kids, and my cousins and forced them to perform hard labor!  Just kidding.  We had the early shift and it wasn't very busy.  We had to invent things to do.  The kids were all willing to pitch in and help and I was pleased with how well it went! 
This evening was the annual band family welcome picnic and parade performance preview.  The band boosters served hamburgers and hot dogs to around 200 people.  We did not run out of food or drinks!  
Cameron had his first official duty as drum major. He did great!  I was so proud!  
This evening, the kids rode a few carnival rides with friends, and watched part of the ATV Races.  I am not joking when I say that my best childhood memories were made at the county fair.  Although tiring, hot, sometimes a little bit grouchy, it is most definitely worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment