Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Last day of summer!

Today was the last official day of summer break 2016!   We had a fun day!  We even managed to pick up Harper's new glasses (good timing Huh?). 
Grandpa Ken gave the kids a gift card to Hobby Lobby.  I will admit that the idea of taking the kids into Hobby Lobby terrified me.  So much stuff to break.  The kids and I talked about projects that they might like to do, and decided that a return of sharpie tie dye was in order! Yesterday, we ventured in and picked up supplies.  Very happily, nothing was broken and we have not been forever banished from that store!  
The kids had a great time decorating their shirts.  I did not manage to get any "after" photos.  They turned out neat.  
Quincy and her bff decided that a trip to Pomona Lake on the last day of break is a tradition worth repeating.  The kids had a little bit of anxiety over the weather, but this afternoon was warm and the sun even peeked out for a while!  
The kids had a blast playing with their friends!  Beach volleyball is a tad bit difficult when using a beach ball on a windy Kansas afternoon though!  


These 2....quite a pair.  Always dirty, forever together, always finding new ways of entertaining each other.  They are in the same class this year, say some prayers for their teacher!  
As I sit here during a part of the evening that hasn't been quiet for a few months, I was reflecting on summer break.  We had so much fun.  I truly like hanging out with my kiddos. I am so very blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment