Tuesday, August 2, 2016

It's a world of fun (if you aren't old)

Back in June the kids worked at Aunt Geraldine's auction in a concession stand. They worked very hard and hoped to make enough to go to World's of Fun. They made their goal!   Today was the only day we could go where everyone who wanted to could be there.  I looked at the weather and was honestly thinking it would be miserable.  I was wrong.  It rained all morning and was cloudy and cool. It did heat up in the afternoon, but we just spent the time on the Ocean's of Fun side.  The kids had a great time on both sides of the park.  
I didn't manage to get any photos, but Colin and Cameron went with us too. 
And I am thankful that the big boys went because Harper and Saige are too short to go on a lot of the bigger rides, so Colin and Cameron were on roller coaster duty while I hung out with the little girls at planet Snoopy.  
We did sneak out into the big part of the park and rode a few things.  We also watched Colin and Cameron ride the ripcord.  No way would I ever do that!  Watching them honestly made my heart hurt. 
Who decides to strap yourself to a cord and let them drag you by your feet about 7 stories and then swing across the park?  Nobody sane.  Ha!  
They said it was awesome.  Of course!  
Harper did ride the Prowler.  She reacted exactly how I expected.  With hatred and disgust.  ;)
Back to Planet Snoopy for her!  
It was a fun day.  I am proud of the kids for the work they put into making this day possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment