Saturday, September 10, 2016

Some stuff from our week

Saige is really loving preschool.  This was "a" week.  Saige made an alligator puppet.  She was pretty entertained by it. Today she told me an elaborate story about how if you are good you get chocolate milk at snack time, but if you are bad you only get white milk.  Her teacher tells me they only get white milk. I guess she better up her game behavior wise!  
Preston sometimes reminds me of myself.  If you get into a good book, the world falls away and you find yourself lost in the pages.  I love that he loves to read.  
Jim's car is at the mechanic.  As a result, I had to pick him up from work.  The sunset last night begged for me to stop and take a picture.  The pictures don't do the beauty justice.  
When I picked him up, we had to run some stuff by for the people who were working on the prizes for the fishing derby this weekend. They have worked tirelessly for days on this event.  The kids can't wait!  I am proud of the work that Jim and these people have put into such a nice community fun day!  
Friday night lights take on all new meaning when Cameron is involved.  Tonight he organized "trail gating" before the game and toga night at the game.  He couldn't wear a toga because he is the drum major, but I noticed a bunch of kids wearing togas.  He was with them in spirit....with his Headband.  
I worked at the band's new fundraiser "tuba toss."   We raised quite a bit of money (thanks in part to Preston's high pressure sales tactics) before lightening shut us down.  
Cameron did not get the opportunity to drum major because the game never reached halftime, but he did a marvelous job playing the tuba during the National Anthem!  

No comments:

Post a Comment