Wednesday, September 14, 2016

This week in chaos-land

It's homecoming/spirit week.  Carbondale school won't participate....which is a story for another time.  Harper and Cameron have had fun with dressing up this week!  Monday night was 4-H.  Harper got to join (finally!).  She was extremely excited at home, but absolutely silent during the meeting.  Our kids did the thing they always do during elections.  They tell me they are NOT running for office.  Somehow we left  the meeting with Cameron as the new president, Preston as new junior president, and Quincy as the club reporter.  Could be an interesting year.  
Saige got sick at school.  I always feel bad when I send kids to school and they are sick.  I knew she was grouchy, but she does get up early and isn't the best about going to bed at night.  Anyway, her teacher took the below photo.  I love how much they love their kids.   I thought she was better today and even let her go to her religion Ed class tonight.   That turned out to be a dumb move, as she is sick once again tonight.  
Harper is in my RE class this year.  She hugged me when we got home and told me she loved my class!  It melted my heart.  Of course, this is the first week, the true test will be what she says in May!   
While we were at RE, Cameron was coaching a team at a co-Ed volleyball tournament.  His team took 2nd place despite how he dressed. Cameron also tried out for the high school musical.  They are doing a production he cannot remember the name of!  He is pretty confident that his singing "Dust in the Wind" will make him a shoe in for the lead role.  

1 comment:

  1. your kids always make me laugh, I'd love to spend a day as a fly on the wall listening sometimes! I might fall off the wall laughing though!
    Sorry to hear the ick is at your house, it is at mine too! I also won 'mom of the year,'Abigayl seemed to be feeling better and ask to go back to gym practice last night. While they were vaulting her coach came and ask if she was still feeling bad, when she came over where I was the next time I grabbed her- she was burning with fever, again. Ugh! I sent her to a quiet corner for the rest of practice. Today she still hasn't kicked it.

    ReplyDelete