Sunday, September 25, 2016

The weekends go by too fast

Cameron had a great time in Iola last night at the football game!  Several friends sent me photos of the fan section who had a theme of "Tropical Trail!"  Yes that is my son wearing the coconuts and grass skirt!  
Preston had a football game this morning which Jim took him to.  I don't believe any photos were taken.  When I asked how the game went, Preston told me "we took a thorough butt kicking!"   Usually I hate missing his games, but in this case, maybe it isn't a bad thing?  
I didn't go to the game because the 4-H had a clean up day at the city cemetery.  
Whoever mows up there did not do a good job of avoiding grave decorations, and we had a lot of cleaning to do!  I was pretty proud of these little 4-Hers who worked very hard to clean up a big mess!  
I should mention that they worked really hard for almost 2 hours and then tragedy happened.  A leopard frog was under some long grass and was hit with the weed wacker.   Quincy couldn't focus on anything except the injured party after that!  He now has been relocated to the pond behind our house where we hope he will make a full recovery.  He had a pretty good knick on his head.   
We have been enjoying this evening visiting with Colin who is full of crazy stories!  He also tends to make the little kids go a bit wacky!  Nothing is as fun as being tossed around by your big brother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment