Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday fun day

Sunday is my favorite.   Usually it is a day to get caught up, but the feeling is just different.  Relaxation and preparation.  
The kids are a little bit sad because we found homes for all of their kittens.  The homes are indoor, or in barn,  owl free homes so hopefully that means these kitties will have a bit longer of a life than if they stayed here!  
During mass today, we found out our priest is in some trouble and has been suspended.  Quincy was serving her second time being acolyte, and as a result, she ended up serving for the Archbishop.  That was a little nerve wracking, but she handled it like a champ!  I was proud of her.  I  am saddened by our priest's behavior.  It is yet another blemish on the church that the body of Christ just didn't need.   I don't know if he is guilty, and I certainly hope that he isn't, but it is not the type of publicity that any church needs.  
Grandma's handiwork.  Preston was pretty impressed!  There are pumpkins for all of the kids, but this one broke off the vine, so Preston got it now!  
I had to go into work for a while this evening.  Preston and Quincy decided while I was there, they would attempt to catch dinner.  They had some retribution for yesterday.  
They did have better luck than yesterday, however we had pork chops for dinner!  
Mallory was studying for a test when I told the little kids it was time for bed.  She said "what the.....what happened to the weekend?"   Welcome aboard kiddo, I have been asking that question weekly for years now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment