Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday stuff

Quincy has joined the band.  She made me extremely happy when she picked the trombone as the instrument she wanted.   We already owned a trombone that used to be Cameron's before he switched to the tuba.  It cleaned up nicely and this week she treated us to practicing for her first playing test.  I strongly believe that music is a worthy
 investment when raising kids.  My ear drums may or may not agree.  
The Friday night fan club's theme this week- Christmas.  I have no idea why or who came up with that idea but Cameron was pleased with the amount of participation they had!  
I had to work for a little while this evening.  I love harvest.  I am also extremely thankful that I live in a place where this is the closest thing to a traffic jam!  Thanks be to God for firmly planting me here!  
Handy tip from Cameron: when working on your car, ways remember to take your toga out of the trunk!  
I love to watch the chickens eat random stuff.  Tonight I had a loaf of bread that went bad.  They make me laugh.  They have a weird little language and it is fun to watch them.  This black rooster is one that Quincy hatched last spring.  He is quite a character!  He likes to make a lot of noise.  Quincy is pleased because her pullets finally started laying. 
Jim and Quincy released the baby guineas today.  They also enjoyed a snack of stale bread!  We had been down to one old guinea, but suddenly this week, another one showed up.  I am guessing they went over to our neighbor's who raise a lot of poultry.  The peahen thinks she is the head guinea!  
The auction babies are getting big!  
I noticed the australops didn't share the bread very well!  
This herd dog of ours does not like for anything to be out of its place. She had only seen the baby guineas in a cage before and was trying desperately to get them back where she thinks they belong.  She is such a smart dog.  
We had a great weekend with all the kids home.  After learning of the loss of a friend's son, we hugged all of the kids a little tighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment