Saturday, October 15, 2016

Birthday -an extended version

It has been a week of absolute craziness here.  There is nothing I can do about the amount of business that goes on, but sometimes I see there is great beauty around me and it gives me a moment of peace that I savor.  I have been doing inspections at work.  Days of tramping around on dams checking for erosion, signs of abuse or misuse, damage, and whatever other maintenance issues doesn't sound very fun.  And honestly, it isn't.  Except that it is always done in the fall, the weather always seems to be exceptional, the current maintenance man is not only extremely competent, but enjoyable to visit with, and 2/3 of the inspectors are fun to hang out with.  I actually enjoy it!  Not to mention, we buy inspection lunches so I get a day out and free lunch too!  What's not to love there? The scenery is stunning as well!  
After a day of dam tramping, I have to say that I enjoyed an evening sunset while sitting on my rump waiting for Preston's practice to let out!  
Friday was my birthday.  Jim took me out for a nice lunch, the kids made me some cards, and I got new socks!  I also managed to drive the bus without any incidents!  
My little bus buddy and I took a birthday selfie while waiting for kids to get out of school!  
On Thursday, Cameron asked me if I owned a genie costume.  Wait....what did you just say boy?  Ha.  We talked about what he would need and he had to make a wallymart run.  When I questioned why on earth he needed a genie costume he responded with "top secret!"   I received a text telling me to be sure to come watch the halftime show at the game!  
The band did a great job, they played Disney songs.  At one point, a lamp was rubbed, smoke billowed out, and Cameron who was dressed as a genie popped out, did a cartwheel and a crazy dance.  It was pretty cool!  The crowd loved it and everywhere I went today people were laughing about it.  
I worked at the tuba toss booth again.   Landrie won a 2 liter and the girls had a little tea party!  Obviously they weren't very into watching the game!  
This morning, Preston had a game.  He played well, but they didn't win.  
He did have a nice fan club there!
After the game, we ran a lot of errands, and then we attended a wedding for some friends.  
I had pretty cute wedding dates!  The wedding was lots of fun and the kids had a great time in the bouncy house, and playing with friends.  
After a couple of wild days, they were all crashed out before 9!   

No comments:

Post a Comment