Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Aaah nuts!


A lady who works with Jim told him about a place in Lawrence where you can sell black walnuts.  We have a ton this year.  The kids decided it would be easy to make a little money!  So we gathered up every bucket we could find and filled them up!  It honestly didn't take very long and since I had to have a tooth pulled today in Lawrence, I agreed to sell the nuts for the kids.  Quincy was disappointed that I would not let her take the day off school to go with me!  
Saige and I enjoyed watching this machine hull the walnuts.  I think we will make a return trip (on a day off school) and let the kids watch!  We had 97 pounds of walnuts today!  There are a lot more where those came from!  
Saige is more excited about playing with the kitten who I named "Stupid Dummy" than she is in picking up walnuts.  I  am letting her play with this poor cat because I don't believe he will have a very long lifespan. Seriously the dumbest cat I have ever seen!   Sweet though!  He runs toward the vehicle when you start it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment