Sunday, October 9, 2016

Weekend stuff

Preston had a game yesterday morning.  Quincy took pictures again. She got some great shots of Preston. She also took several weird photos of her sisters, police officers, random strangers, close ups of grass, and a couple of herself.  
Preston made some awesome plays yesterday but their team didn't win.  
Quincy also took a photo of the incredibly attractive flag man.  
Last evening, Cameron's band performed in the Carbondale fun fest parade.  Quincy and Preston went fishing with some friends from church, so Harper, Saige and I went to watch!  The girls got a ton of candy!  
Cameron is rocking the drum major role!  I am impressed with how well he handles everything he has taken on.  Also, the band sounded great!  
After everything was finished for the day, we all sat down to watch TV.  Blitz came in to sit with us and we got a huge kick out of the neighbor's dog peeking in to see if his friend could come out to play.  
After mass this morning, I sent the girls down to do chores.  Harper came in to get me because she discovered a "surprise" for me.  Where the hog pen used to sit, were a couple of volunteer tomato vines covered in tomatos!  What a great find!   I guess the pig wasn't eating all of the stuff I gave him!  
There were a couple of red ones, but they had holes in them which means that the chickens had a little treat!  I hope the others ripen so I can make salsa!  
Blitz is a good girl.  She watches over everything around here.  
These girls love their chickens.  This one has been living in the garage because she was the one survivor from some that Quincy's bff bought.  We were trying to keep her safe.  Today we tried to put her in with the other half grown chickens, but after about 2 minutes she escaped!  She looks pretty rough as she is growing out of her fluff and into her feathers!  
This week, I will be starting on my first official bus driving job. I will be subbing for a couple of weeks.  The kids were all saying how weird it is to look out and see a bus.  To me, it seems completely normal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment