Sunday, October 30, 2016

Anniversary

Jim and I have been married for 23 years today!  I can't recall the last time we had a decent photo taken together!  Life is busy.  This is the closest thing I could come up with!  Just ignore the kids in the middle!   
When I was a young newly wed, I had this image of what our life would be like.  Man was I wrong!  It is so much more.  More love, more kids, more crazy, more laundry, more blessings than I could have ever imagined.  This is not to say I have never plotted his demise, or wanted to throw a skillet at his head, but I am sure he would say the same.  There have been far more good days than bad, more blessings than I deserve, and much more love than I knew I was capable of.  
And the crazy.  Always chaotic.  Luckily, I thrive in chaos, and Jim is good at keeping me sane.  So what does a crazy couple do for their 23rd anniversary?   Well, I took some of the kids and went to my nephew's 6th birthday bowling bonanza.  Jim took Colin to catch his ride back to college, and took Quincy to basketball practice.  He offered to take me out to dinner, but we chose to go to lunch tomorrow instead because I needed time to make Halloween treats for school parties and catch up on laundry!  
The bowling party was fun.  The kids had a great time with their cousins!  Clayton seemed happy, so that makes me happy!  
Saige couldn't believe she didn't hit a single pin!  She actually bowled pretty well.  My kids are just a little bit competitive.  ;)
The resident bakery school kid was a tremendous help with getting party treats made!  Between her and Pinterest, my baking is going to have to step up a notch!  Now if I can get them all delivered without dropping them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment