Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Reclaimed Tuesday!

This is red ribbon week at Carbondale school.  Today was generations day.  Preston picked the 80's and Quincy picked the 70's.  We had fun coordinating outfits and looking up old trends.   Oh, and borrowing stuff from Mallory and Cameron (shhhhhh Mallory wasn't exactly here to ask!).  
Since Preston's football season is now over, he no longer has practices!  That means we have more free evenings.  Well....sort of.  This week is parent teacher conference week!  The kids are all doing great in school I am told!  Also, basketball season is underway for Quincy and soon will be for Preston and Cameron so this reclaiming will be short lived!  
If you have a free(ish) evening, you must do some projects though, right?  Madison went to her Zumba class and returned with cookies to decorate.  Not sure how the Zumba instructor feels about that, but there were several kids (and one dad) who were thrilled with her! 
Also, tonight  Quincy and Madison helped me with making our first ever attempt at cheese.  We got some goat milk from a friend.  We are trying feta.  I can't wait to see how it turns out. Currently it is inoculating.   It seems easy, but time consuming.  
I was given an official bus route this week.  I was also given a little piece of bus driving heaven....a short bus!  It drives like a van, has air conditioning, and is so much easier to turn around!  I  am driving a sped route.  The first couple of days have been interesting, but I expect that once the kids get to know me, and learn that no matter what road the former driver took, I am not lost, it will be fine.    
I love preschool crafts.  This is the result of last week during "G" week.   The weeks are flying by, but I am sticking with my resolution to enjoy the small moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment