Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Atlanta and stuff. 


With KSU making the elite 8 in the post season, the boys decided they should make a little journey to Atlanta over the weekend.  It was completely spontaneous and last minute.  Colin called me Friday morning and said he told Cameron if they could use his car, he would buy the tickets.  Cameron readily agreed to this arrangement, and quickly packed a bag! Colin had to work, so they left on Friday evening as soon as Colin could get here.  Colin's friend Lake also went with them, so they would have a 3rd driver (because they were driving through the night).  Lake does not know how to drive a standard, so he got to sleep instead of drive!

They were also saving money by staying with a friend of Colin's who lives in Atlanta.  The friend took these great pictures of the guys for me.  I really like them!   When Colin and Cameron were little boys, people used to ask me if they always got along, and I could honestly say that they did.  They have been best friends forever.  I am thankful they love doing stuff together- even if I was worried all weekend because I was not convinced Cameron's car is the best choice for an across country adventure!  I was sad that KSU did not win, but I was really glad when these dudes rolled back in my driveway!

Ollie is a hot mess.  He is a really smart puppy, but he is definitely a puppy!  He has stolen shoes, chewed up a Barbie, shredded a field trip note, and tonight he decided he should pick up his food bowl and run with it.  Luckily, both dogs helped with the clean up!  I know he will out grow it quickly, as puppies never stay small for long, but for now we are in a constant state of amazement over what he will do next!

Today was sort of one of "those days."   Mom got a notice that the chickens we ordered were in, but they missed the truck to Overbrook, so if we wanted them today, we would have to go to Topeka.  Mom and I ran to rescue them.   When we got there, we noticed they were not all there.  We had all the pullets, but none of the 100 broilers we ordered.  The post office said they might have gotten separated.  We took the ones that they gave us and headed home.  Around the time we got to my house, there was another call saying there was a second truck that came in, and our broilers were in Topeka.  Needless to say, we made a 2nd trip to town.  Everyone is all settled in and happy to have food!

Because the girls used their gift cards to order what is literally called "a rainbow variety pack" I have no idea what we are looking at, but they sure are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment