Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Thursday 

We run.  It is a fact of life.  None of our kids are involved in everything, but they are all involved in something.  Once in a great while, we get a day when we have little or nothing to run to.  I was happy to see one of those today. To make it even better, it was an absolutely beautiful spring day!  

Unfortunately my happiness was short lived when we were castrating goats and found this guy wasn't doing well.  Partly my own fault, as he is a twin born to a first time doe.  Because she was taking care of them, and they seemed clean and I witnessed them eating, the doe is a little skiddish, so the kids and I had been trying to leave her alone mostly.  My night of stay-home-ness became a night of vet clinic visiting instead.  I do love our local vet.  I hear some complaints about him because he keeps weird hours and never gets in a hurry, but his quirky personality makes me like him all the more.  He is a great vet.  We have named this dude "Hernia Herb!"   

Luckily, when I was a younger person, my father flat refused to give shots to the billion rabbits I kept around.  I had to learn all about injections!  This is helpful when the goats need shots!  Quincy helped me a lot.  I know being a vet is her dream job.  She definitely has the patience and intestinal fortitude for it.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that Herb will recover and be a good, not dead, 4-H project goat for Preston!   

The school posted this picture of Preston's winning quiz bowl team at their final meet.  What a great group of amazing kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment