Monday, March 26, 2018

Back to it 

The younger crowd and I had a low key, easy going spring break. I think it was just what we needed.  The kids enjoyed playing with baby goats, baby chickens (freshly hatched by Quincy), and Ollie the wonder-dog.  Nobody was very excited to set alarm clocks and lay out school clothes.  Instead of focusing on how sad we were to go back, we decided to focus on how few days there are until summer break!  There are 34 more school days.  

Quincy and I made a small error with the incubator humidity which cost her a couple of chicks.   She had 2 success stories though.  Today, I told her we should get rid of the rest of the eggs.  She begged me to wait another couple of days.  A little later, I was hearing noises coming from there, and found another chick completely hatched!  Good thing we waited!  We also had a message saying the chicks from the hatchery were shipped today!  The girls are excited!  

I was told that everyone had good first days back.  Saige even learned a new song about the planets.  We are officially back to it!    

No comments:

Post a Comment