Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hodgepodge 

Our weekend was a big old mess of stuff.   I literally worked all weekend at the school play serving tacos and other random food.   In the past, this was a highly successful fundraiser (dinner theatre).  This year, it was a mild flop.  We still made money, but we were a little low on attendance and a little disappointed.   The money raised is used to feed the kids during the band trip.  Let's just say they will be buying a meal or 2 on their own!  ;)

Last week at school, Preston qualified for the reward trip for second quarter which is the ski trip.  He said he had a ton of fun, but by the time he got decent at staying on his skis, it was time to leave.  Cameron was jealous. He loves Snow Creek, and so he decided he was going to go with his friends this weekend.  He was nice enough to take Preston along with them.  Unfortunately, Preston came home from this little excursion sick.  He has now been laying on the couch for a couple of days with the stomach flu.  

Quincy had Landrie over.  You just never know what they will do.  They decided to go fishing at the creek below our house.  I told them I didn't care if they went but since that creek is frequently dry, I didn't think they would have much luck.  This is the picture they sent me to prove how wrong I was.  I almost fell for it.   Almost.  Landrie tripped while she was here and is now on crutches with a terrible sprained ankle.  She and Quincy didn't tell anyone because they were afraid that they would have to sue each other.  They are a hot mess.  

I forgot how fast baby ducks grow!  These 2 are so friendly and sweet.  (And spoiled).  

The kids are counting down to spring break!  Of course we have to survive Jim's week of city council, a billion spring parent meetings, conferences and I don't even know what else is crammed in this week!   I'm ready for spring break too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment