Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Spring 

Our lives largely revolve around the kids and their activities.  Sometimes I can tell what season it is by what we have going on.  Preston had his final quiz bowl meet tonight.  Since that is a winter activity, we have officially concluded all the winter things and thus.....I am saying it is spring!   Preston has one regret and that is that quiz bowl season is so short.  It was only five meets.  He participated in 4 of them due to having to go to league band last week.   Of the four meets, his team placed 1st in three of them and 2nd in the other one.  He has been the high scorer each time and I have to say some of the stuff he knows is impressive. He is looking forward to another season of this and has now downloaded multiple trivia apps to his phone!   At least he's using it for educational purposes, right?  

If winter activities ending aren't enough to convince me of spring arriving, I was enthusiastic about the fires on the horizon and the greening of the wheat fields.  I am desperate for warmer weather and sunshine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment