Sunday, March 4, 2018

What weekend? 

I happily flipped our calendar over to March thinking "spring" wahoooo!   Then I looked at the already planned activities and thought well.....we won't be getting the house cleaned again this month!  Just kidding.  Kind of.  The 4-H club was asked by the American Legion people to run their monthly biscuit and gravy breakfast.  This is very generous of them and is always a great little fun fundraiser for the kid's club.  I went in super early and helped the Legion men cook breakfast.  They are a nice bunch!  I then ran to pick up the kids and we took care of Quincy's sacristan duties at church.  I am very pleased that my kids love serving the church.  From there, we went back and cleaned the Legion hall.  The club raised over $500, so I would say it was a morning well spent!  

This was sub-state weekend for basketball.  I drove some of the buses and watched Cameron take on his managerial duties for the last time.  He really does a great job!  

Cameron also found coach Weber and spoke with him for a long time.  He said coach Weber has agreed to coming to speak at SFT.  We found out later that Cameron was on the 10:00 news looking like he made the coach laugh!  

Last night, I had the pleasure of driving the band.   These are great kids and the band sounded amazing!  Parking aside, it was a fun night.  

Today we had to run a bazillion errands, brave  the ATT store, and get groceries.  It was a good day to get pizza with the free coupons that Harper got at school!   She loves this so much!  Her pizza even came with a tattoo!  

I told the model meeting kids that if they performed well, I would set up a sundae bar for them.  They got a blue ribbon and tonight they had ice cream.  They were so excited and wound up!  They devoured all of the ice cream and we are happy to reclaim Sunday evenings!  

 

Sometimes, on Sunday evening I feel like we didn't accomplish much.  And as far as laundry is concerned, we didn't!  However, I had a lot of fun with the kids and Jim!  Life needs more weekends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment