Tuesday, February 27, 2018

An unexpected blessing 

Last year, I needed another job that would be part time and merge  into our crazy schedules.   Nothing I was finding fit into what we were doing as a family, or would allow me to be around for the kids.  Or would not interfere with my current job.   I was whining to my mom about it and she said "you can always drive a school bus."   I believe my first reaction was to laugh.  A few days later, I found myself at the DMV and was a card carrying member of the bus drivers club.  

This morning, I was driving around my route thinking about what an unexpected blessing this job is.   I love my route kids, I love the early mornings where I have 15 solid minutes of driving by myself to my first pick up.  I see so many amazing moments.  Kansas sunrises, awesome families of wild creatures, a bald eagle, new baby calves, farmers up before dawn feeding animals and tending the land.  I also get to drive my own kids to and from school every day.  It makes me feel blessed.  

But the best part of this job is when I get to drive my own kids to their activities. Preston had his league quiz bowl meet this evening.  I will be honest and say had I not been getting paid, I probably would not have attended.  It was my first experience with quiz bowl.  It was so much fun to watch!   Preston's team won the league meet tonight.  I am so happy I was there to watch!  

Preston's team scored around 400 points tonight.  Preston scored 200 of them.  He was amazing!   I was very proud of him and his team! 


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blessing my friend! Congrats too on their win!

    ReplyDelete