Sunday, February 4, 2018

Super Bowl weekend 

It has been a really fun, although really fast weekend!  Quincy's basketball team attended a clinic at KSU, and attended a women's game together.  Jim loves this sort of stuff and volunteered to take her.  Harper really wanted to go along too.  Jim dropped Quincy off, and then he and Harper hung out with Colin a little bit and hung out on campus.  

I am told they had an amazing day!   I am grateful to Jim for taking them.  It meant I had time to get our grocery shopping, laundry, and house work caught up.   Saige helped me by picking out everyone's Valentine's Day treats for school, and picking out the snacks for the  super bowl.  She's a funny little girl and I enjoyed having some time with her!  

Saige also helped me with Blitz.  She was playing with a skunk and lost!  We tried tomato juice.  That did not work.  We tried vinegar and toothpaste.  That did not work.  We tried dawn dish soap and peroxide.  No dice.  We tried the girls mint shampoo mixed with orange essential oil.  That tamed it down a little bit.  She is tolerable smelling now, but still faintly reeks.  I feel bad because she honestly is more of a house dog than the livestock guardian we intended for her to be.  Spoiled, spoiled dog!  

The girls were excited all day long for the super bowl.  They are not huge football fans, but they do like an occasion to have snack foods for dinner!  I am glad to have a quiet evening with the family before we start into yet another chaotic week.  


1 comment:

  1. I always wondered what really worked to get rid of skunk... sorry friend! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete