Monday, February 19, 2018

Presidents' Day weekend 

On Saturday, Quincy's team played at Burlington.  As part of the tournament entry fee, you were allowed to use the Burlington Rec center pool.  Unfortunately, Quincy's pediatrician said with her ear infection, she could play basketball but not swim for a couple of days.  If you know my kids at all, water is their happy place.  Quincy was understandably disappointed but was a good sport.  I promised her I would take all of the kids to the Lawrence Aquatic Center on Presidents' Day.   When I came home from work at lunch time, she had not forgotten. They had suits and towels and were ready to roll!  

They jumped the gun a little bit since we had to wait for both the van's new tires, and for the aquatic center to open!  

I think it is safe to say the kids thought this was a great way to celebrate the holiday!  

We also have been practicing for the model meeting for county club days.  This is quite a project.  It has turned out to be a lot more work than I originally thought.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this little group stays focused and we cross the finish line!   I am proud of them for giving it a try though!  

It was nice to have a long weekend.  I was desperately in need of a little family bonding time!   We are refreshed and ready to take on a new week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment