Saturday, February 24, 2018

Club day

Preston, Quincy and Harper participated in their club's model meeting at county club day today.  When we took this project on, I had the idea that it would be an easy way to get a whole lot of kids to participate in club day.  I was right that a bunch of kids did participate...but was wrong in thinking it would be easy.  It was a good experience.  

These kids practiced a lot.  The practices were not pretty.  I was legitimately worried about today.  The kids who showed up today knew their parts, knew parliamentary procedure, had practiced enough that they covered for each other, and basically looked like professionals, and did a wonderful job.  I was very pleased with them!  Perhaps I should have offered up my ice cream bribe earlier!  

My own kids like going to Pomona for a different reason.  They always want to stop at Aunt Amy's dead body bridge!   I sent Amy the above photo and she immediately texted back "what are you guys doing at the dead body bridge?"   It makes me laugh that these kids and their aunt are all so strange!  

No comments:

Post a Comment