Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Ice day 

I went out to start Gus the bus at 5:45 like I do every single morning, but this day gave me a little bit of anxiety.   I guess I fell asleep watching the olympics last night and missed the weather forecast as a result!  When I stepped off the step onto a sheet of ice, driving a bus was not high on my list of fun activities.  I always worry about safety, but today was going to take every prayer I know!  Luckily, while I was fixing the girl's hair, I got a text from my bus boss saying no school today!   The weather people on the morning news were warning that this was a day to stay home if at all possible.  I was happy to oblige!  Unfortunately, both Jim and Mallory had to go in today.  Mallory was not pleased in the least and has now decided she would rather teach in one of the smaller school districts! 

I did sort of giggle.  I got two texts at 8:00 am.  One was from Mallory telling me she made it, and that the roads were horrible and awful.  The other one was from Jim telling me he made it, and the roads were not all that bad!  Honestly, aside from going back out to shut the bus off, I have been happily holed up with the kids all day!  

In order to seem sympathetic to Mallory and daddy, I told the kids I needed sad face photos!    All of them tried, but nobody was actually sad about a day off!  

I did find the cleaning fairy!  She wasn't  all that helpful with actual cleaning though!  

Saige had a great time running the vacuum cleaner and sliding around on the ice!  She is pretty easy to entertain! 

Quincy might not like cleaning, but she does a great job making sure critters have warm beds, and bellies full of food!  

She even made sure the wild birds got a little snack! She said she fed Harriet, and the guineas and then the wild birds were begging so she threw them a little too!  

I assume that we will be back to normal tomorrow, but I sure do love an unexpected day at home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment