Thursday, February 22, 2018

Second verse....

For the second time this week, there was a minor ice storm.  For the second time this week, the kids had a day off school!  For the second time this week I felt immense relief at not having to drive the yellow screamer.  This time, the governor called for state offices to be closed.  Although I don't like to think of the Wakarusa Watershed as being a state office on a normal day, today I happily obliged and took the day off!  

Unlike Tuesday, where I was productive and worked hard all day, this time I read a book, watched tv with the kids, and basically enjoyed a day of relaxation!  It. Was. Delightful!  

Quincy has not been to school for 8 days.  She had an ear infection, a weekend, a holiday, a snow day, then the stomach flu, and now a second snow day.  She was unhappy that I emailed her teacher and requested homework be sent home with Preston.  School work was not exactly how she intended to spend her snow day!  She will thank me when she goes back and is not behind!  

This evening, the roads are clear (enough) and Preston and Jim are playing trivia on the city's trivia team.  Cameron formed his own team.  I just hope that they leave the trash talking, excessive hostility, and poor sportsmanship at the library!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment