Thursday, March 8, 2018

I'm a sucker 

The kids have a couple days off school.  I had a couple of work related errands to run and they decided to ride along.  I also needed to buy some feed.  Quincy had a Tractor Supply gift card left from Christmas.  No problem....lets spend it!  Except when we walked through the front door, I could hear them.  The chicks of chick days calling out to us.  We HAD TO go look!  The girls have already ordered baby chicks. They are set to be delivered at the end of the month. We have a rainbow variety coming thanks to gift certificates from Grandma Chris and Grandpa Ken at Christmas time.  We have also ordered broilers.  I told the girls we do not need any baby chicks.  Unfortunately, I didn't say that we don't need any baby ducks.  And if you know me at all, you know I have a strange soft spot for ducks.  Especially little yellow cute sweet baby ducks.  

My plan was strong.  I will force Jim to be the bad guy.  I told Quincy she could have the ducks if she called daddy and he said it was ok.  I was smug knowing there was no way he would say yes, and I could then force myself to walk.   Except, my sweet husband knows how much our girls love their critters.  He said he thought it would be ok if they only got a couple.  Next thing I know, we are walking out of the store with a box of ducks.  We did only get a couple!   But look at them.  Who the heck can resist this?  Certainly not me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment