Thursday, March 22, 2018

Little projects 

It was "baby animal" day at the library.  Somehow my parents got roped into bringing a calf. Somehow we also ended up bringing a couple of baby ducks and a puppy.  The kids enjoyed showing off the critters, and the library kids loved seeing them!  Quincy loved this!  

So many of my family members in one photo! Mom, brother, sister, nephew, and a couple of my kids.  I think it was a success!  

Ordering chickens was just not enough.  We had to use the incubator too!  Today Quincy was delighted to see pipping.  The eggs are loud!  So far no little chicks have hatched though.  

The chickens we ordered will be delivered next week.  We went over and helped clean grandma's chicken house so we can keep our broilers over there.   The kids worked really hard and we got it all done.   Afterward, we had to hang out with Jesse the cat, and Speedy the tortoise that Grandma is babysitting.   These warm days and hard labor make bedtime so much less work!  

Cameron shared a couple of his favorite photos from the trip. 

Tomorrow brings vaccinating, worming and hoof trimming goats.  And moving baby ducks out of the garage!  I am happy Cameron is home, he makes a good goat holder!   I have a few other projects I intended to get to over spring break but whether they get done or not remains to be seen!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are keeping busy! I always love catching up on your family and your adventures!

    ReplyDelete