Monday, April 9, 2018

Records, honors and stuff 

Preston had a track meet tonight.  He tried pole vaulting for the first time and placed 1st.  He also set a school record.   Cameron was sure to point out that he placed first because he was the only one pole vaulting tonight, and the school record was a result of them never having offered pole vaulting before this season.  I quoted uncle Jay...."hey, nobody ever asked HOW you won right?"   I am proud of him for trying new things. And he cleared 7 foot. That is 2 feet taller than he is!   Not bad for a first timer I'd say!  He also ran the 400 and placed 3rd.  Jim went to watch, and it turned out that it was a good thing he did because they called the meet off early due to the wind chill being too low.  I've never heard of that being done before - but this is Kansas and anything can happen!  

Cameron was selected as one of the finalists for the Rotary Outstanding senior.  I don't think the rotary could make a bad choice with this group of  kids.  They are all great.  We will find out who wins at graduation.  I am pretty proud of this kid! 

Graduation is knocking on the door.  Cameron texted to ask if I had a baby picture I could send in.  I had to use what I had available in my wallet.  Luckily I am sentimental and rarely clean things out.  I cannot believe how fast the past 18 years have flown by.  I am sad at the thought of having half our kids being adults.  I am excited to see where Cameron's path will lead, as I believe he is destined for greatness.  

I had a township meeting this evening.  I told the girls after school I needed to cook dinner while they did chores, and then they could hang out with dad.   Saige informed me that she could not proceed with the evening until she showed me a "new" dance she learned at school today.  She then did amazing moves to YMCA.   She seriously has a knack for picking up music.  She knew all the words and had down all the moves.  She is often found singing us songs she learned at school.  She knows songs about dinosaurs, shapes, seasons, planets and I can't even tell you what else.  It is amazing.  

Saige and her dancing were not the only distractions of the evening.  This puppy.  Our little Ollie boy is a hot, hilarious mess.  He is a shoe stealing, toilet brush taking, Barbie eating, sock destroying disaster.  Despite that, he knows the commands for sit, shake, drop it, come,  we are working on stay and still having issues with potty training.   He is so dang sweet, and his crazy little talking noises make it very difficult to be upset with his insanity.  


Tonight Cameron bumped into a deer.  I know it wasn't a full on slam because I think his car would have been worse.  He lost a headlight and has some hood damage.  Luckily, he was not hurt.  He is upset and disappointed, but I'm just going to focus on not hurt.  Guessing we will be getting to visit with our friend Jagger the body shop man again this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment