Saturday, April 28, 2018

An insane 24 hours 

Saige had a day off school yesterday while they brought the incoming kindergarteners in for roundup.  She was my right hand woman in getting a lot done in preparation for this weekend.  She also decorated the sidewalk in front of my office for me.  When we got home, we were sad to see that the does had escaped and were at the neighbor's house feasting on their yard.  The neighbors don't care, but we had places to run and no time for goat games! Saige and Mallory were no help with goat fences and wrangling because they were busy snuggling kittens.  

We managed to get chores finished in time to take Harper to her first softball practice.  She was not happy she had to leave before it was over so that we could get to Preston's band concert. Her grouchy mood didn't last too long thank goodness!  

The concert was for 5th, 7th and 8th grades last night.  I don't know why the didn't do the 6th at the same time.  I do know it was so crowded I didn't even attempt to move around to get photos!  My kids always tell each other "move your meat....lose your seat."   It was a legitimate fear last night!  

I enjoyed the bands very much.  They are incredible and the two directors are incredibly talented musicians.  They love what they do and it shows in the way the kids perform.   I love the band program at SFT schools!  

Cameron has been a cadet teacher for the band teacher this semester.  He helps with the 5th grade band.  The director gave him an opportunity to direct one of their songs at the concert.  These pictures aren't the best, but if you squint, you can see that Cameron is directing the kids!  He's pretty good at it too!   I am so glad he was given this opportunity.  

Since I wasn't able to get good pictures during the concert, I snapped a couple afterward.  This is Preston with his girlfriend.  She's adorable and sweet.  We came home and made fundraiser cookies and breakfast burritos, worked out picking up pizza and got everyone ready for today.  Today is one of those days where I am thankful that Jim doesn't mind me giving him one of my lists!   While I helped Cameron set up a fundraiser table during the city wide, he got kids to ball practices, made sure everyone was where they needed to be, and picked up the pizza Cameron's FBLA group sold for lunch.  Cameron qualified for a trip to nationals in Baltimore for FBLA.  They have a lot of money to raise before late in May.  They got a pretty good start today!   Only 3 kids made the cut from SFT.  I have been teasing Cameron that this is his final trip I will help him fundraise for.  They had a good day and got a good start on their money!  

Quincy worked some at the 4-H garage sale today as well. She said they were very busy and from the amount of money they generated, I'd say it was a success!   I did not volunteer to work this year, but we did make them breakfast burritos and cookies!  

When we got home, the neighbor stopped by to say he had his tiller attachment on, and was kind enough to till up our garden spot.  We did not make it as big as last year!  I had purchased some tomatoes and cucumbers at the plant sale!    Absolutely cannot wait to get busy digging in the dirt!  

We had a church dinner this evening.  I am thankful because that meant I only had to cook a side dish and not a whole dinner!  The kids were eager to eat and run because they all had other stuff on their minds.  Stuff like fishing with their cousin Kyle for example.  Quincy was disappointed in the non-catches!  

Even though these pictures are blurry, I love how Harper loves Ollie boy!   He is growing so fast!  

She had to snuggle Blitz too!   She's my little doggy lover.  I wish I could say the busy Part of the weekend is over.  It just isn't.   

No comments:

Post a Comment