Thursday, April 5, 2018

First sunburn of spring 

Preston and Cameron both had track meets today.   I was lucky enough to drive Preston's team to Central Heights and watch.  Today was the first day where the weather was awesomely nice, and I did the same thing I do every spring and forgot to throw sunscreen in with the obnoxious amount of stuff I took.   I was prepared for a blizzard, feeding masses, and had plenty of drinks, could have defended against zombies,  but failed in skin protection.  I am not complaining, I love the warm sun on my face.  

I very much enjoy the kids. They are squirrelly and weird and have strange hobbies....but they are also polite, and act legitimately happy to see me which makes my day.  I also absolutely love getting paid to watch my kids!   

Preston had a decent day.  He did long jump,  800 meter run, and a relay team race.   His relay team took 2nd place.  It was fun to watch!  

Cameron had a meet at Basehor.  He only participated in pole vault.  He took 5th place.  I did not think his coach would allow him to only participate in one event, but apparently Cameron has mad negotiating skills. He did send me some pictures, and I am glad he did!   I hope I will get to drive their team bus at some point this season so I can watch!    

No comments:

Post a Comment