Friday, April 12, 2019

3rd grade program and a grandkid

Harper had her 3rd grade music program last night.  She does not always cooperate with my desire to photograph her childhood.  She also has a tendency to ask me to do things like curl her hair, and then when I get done she thinks it is too curly, or that the dress she is wearing is too 'crazy looking.'  

Personally, I thought she looked very nice.  We stopped on the way and got her some new sandals at Dollar General.  I know there are people in this world who don't like Dollar General, but that store seriously saves my rump a lot!  


I am not overly fond of the way they do music programs at the grade school level.  They put on some music over a loud speaker and then the kids just seem to yell over it.  But Harper said they worked really hard, and she liked a couple of the songs.  I sort of wish for the old ways of doing things a lot lately.  I must be getting old!  I would like to hear the kids sing rather than yell.  I would like to know that they are actually learning some stuff about music too.....reading notes and learning about pitch, harmony etc.  I don't think that is what is happening.


Harper and her friend Chloe.  They are inseparable, and I am so happy that Harper has a friend that she has so much in common with.  

Also, we go to RE with this boy.  Harper likes to pretend she doesn't like boys.  This one is a seriously nice kid though.  He has great manners, is super sweet, and is one of the very few I would agree to her dating (in the very, very distant future).

And if I needed proof of my old age, I just look at my grandkid!  :)  She seriously lights up our lives.  We are all so madly in love with her!  We may not have had much time to plan for her arrival, but God knew we needed her!   


I do admit that when Madison sent me this picture yesterday I cracked up.  The minute I saw it I knew exactly where it came from.  If the baby is wearing plaid it means GG has been shopping!  


No comments:

Post a Comment