Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Lots of pictures

It has been a few days since I posted pictures.  Those few days were insanely crazy and packed full of photographic opportunities.  Last Thursday, Preston and Quincy had a track meet at home.  I drove the kids over, watched for a while, and then had to drive my routes and then came back in time to watch some more.  Since I was early, I walked over and watched Preston and Quincy warm up for pole vaulting.  I was very touched by Preston helping all the kids.  He was giving great advice.  He was really intent on helping Quincy clear the bar.  He is by no means a professional pole vaulter, but he did seem to have good pointers and was truly trying to help them all at least hold the pole correctly.  He is a good kid.

These 2 are always together.  Always goofy.  Always making me crack up.  I love their friendship.  

I got to watch Quincy throw discus.  I missed her doing shot put.  She placed 4th in discus.  Her throws were pretty good.  She told me she has no idea what she is doing, but what I saw looked pretty good!  (Cause I am a professional track coach?) 



Despite Preston's coaching, Quincy didn't quite clear the bar.  She told me she knows some stuff to work on.  She at least doesn't have the fear that some of the other pole vaulting girls seem to have.  She just needs a little more practice I think!  You can see she got a little height.  If only the bar started at 5 foot instead of 6 foot 5 inches!  :)  


Preston placed first for 8th grade boys.  He cleared 7 foot, but didn't have to try any other heights.  He told me yesterday at practice he cleared 8 feet.  He is getting better!  He loves pole vaulting.  What did Cameron get started I keep wondering.





I missed Preston doing long jump and high jump, but he didn't place.  His 4X200 meter relay team placed 2nd.  I like this picture of Angry Preston!  He said he wasn't angry, it is his mean running face!

Friday there was no school, so I took  Preston back to the DMV.  He passed his driving test and now has his farm permit.  He even drove himself to work on Saturday!  He was so excited!  The DMV test man told us that earlier in the day, he had a kid hit a guard rail.  Preston said he must have been leery from that experience because he didn't make him do anything hard at all!  I am happy to have another driver in the house.  

Colin was up for a little while on Sunday.  He and Spencer attended her sorority spring party.  They dressed as Motley Crew.  I love this!  So much fun.  I did not get to see Colin for very long, as he and Andrew went fishing, and when they got back, I was gone already.

The little kids and I had quite a Sunday.  After church, we cleaned the fairgrounds, and helped set up for some upcoming spring events.  We set up the building for the garage sale, and got some donations picked up.   We cleaned out the chicken house at Grandma's house so we can house our broilers over there in a few days.  We got all the goat's feet trimmed and got them all worked over, and then we helped Jim repair fences.  When we were done, I could barely move!  Nothing a little Aleve can't fix!  Good thing too, as this week is just as wild!  

Even when things are crazy, I am thankful for this life.


No comments:

Post a Comment