Monday, April 22, 2019

Good Friday

The kids had Good Friday off from school.  I was glad, because it gave me an opportunity to take Quincy for her Easter surprise!  One thing about Quincy....she never cries.  Ever.  Even when she is hurt, she tends to get angry and yell rather than cry.  She doesn't get offended by the things people say, and the drama that sometimes happens with jr. high girls, well.... she finds that to be hilarious most of the time.  But last week, when I stopped bidding on the hedgehog at the exotic animal auction, she cried.  She was extremely disappointed.  It didn't last long, and she did not create any drama over it, but I saw it, and it honestly broke my heart.  On Monday, a friend told me that she had a hedgehog and that if Quincy wanted it, she would make me a deal on it.  She was true to her word.  The hedgehog was very inexpensive!  I took Quincy to pick it up on Friday afternoon.  She was so excited she can hardly stand it.  


And so, my not so little anymore critter loving girl added to the little zoo she has growing in my house.  We are learning a lot about these weird little animals.  This particular one has not been handled much.  We were told if you handle them and get them used to your scent, their quills will soften up and they are easy to handle.  This one is like a little porcupine.  Quincy has to handle her with leather gloves.  She also growls and makes weird rattling noises.  Honestly, I am sort of intimidated.  Luckily, Andrew and Quincy are not intimidated in the least, and have decided they will conquer the hedgehog!  The kid's band teacher is named Lance Quilling.  She is calling the hedgehog Quilling.  Lance thought this was hilarious.  He seemed very honored!

I am glad the kids had Friday off school.  We had early mass, accomplished a lot, and were able to get ready for a crazy but fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment