Friday, April 19, 2019

Lone track man





The junior high had a track meet at Sabetha yesterday.  I agreed to drive the bus, and then learned that they were not taking all of the kids.  Quincy came home and said she wasn't going.  I had a moment where I panicked - thinking geez if Preston doesn't go I will be stuck sitting there without my kids!  Luckily, Preston was there!  I do not know how they decided which kids were going and which were not, but I think they only took 3 kids per event.  They did not have pole vault.  It was ok though, Quincy said she needed a night off!  She came home on the bus, did chores and helped Mallory take the little girls to mass for Holy Thursday.  
Preston had a pretty good day.  He did high jump, where he set a new PR of 4 feet 8 inches.  He didn't win, but it is nice to see him clearing the bar!  It is an event that he likes, but has struggled with.  He also did long jump, and the 4X400 meter relay.  I enjoyed being able to watch his events and not having to split the time up.  I hadn't gotten an opportunity to watch all of his events until yesterday.






His relay team got 3rd place.  It was a really, really long day.  It was starting to get dark and cold by the time they ran the last event (which Preston was in).  I had to take pictures of him on my way out to get the bus.  I was happy to be in the bus, with the heat running!  I am glad I got to go watch him though!
I am thankful to Mallory for taking the girls to church.  She even bought them their annual Holy Thursday ice cream!  I am also thankful to GG for taking my babysitting duty so I didn't have to drag Evie out in the cold!  
We did have one unfortunate incident this week with a canary vrs. ceiling fan incident.  Quincy was pretty devastated.  She loves her critters.  I felt so bad for her.  I did some research and found that canaries actually like to live alone so I guess that is a plus.  It has been an absolutely crazy week.  I don't know when I have felt more relief at seeing a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment